Saturday, Jun. 10 - Friday, Jun. 23, 2006
This was the year Anthrocon moved to Pittsburgh, into the impressive and shiny David L. Lawrence Convention Center! I decided to drive there and do some sightseeing, stopping in Louisville, Kentucky to visit the bat factory, and in Columbus, Ohio, to see "Cars" with Babs and Squirrelly.
Saturday, Jun. 10, 2006
- Page 1-1: Loaded up the car. Had a picnic. My tobacconist ees scratched! Interstate!
- Page 1-2: How many bulletholes in the Bill Clinton sign this time?
- Page 1-3: Checked into the Motel 6. No, wait, the Red Roof Inn.
- Page 1-4: An upset stomach, a fighting couple and an alarm clock conspired to keep me awake. Handy-dandy tips!
Sunday, Jun. 11, 2006
- Page 2-1: Ate a Homestar Jr. Another tobacconist scratched on the Music Highway! Then a thunderstorm!
- Page 2-2: Drove to a Motel 6 in Jeffersonville, Indiana, without ever setting foot in Kentucky!
Monday, Jun. 12, 2006
- Page 3-1: Got supplies. Went to the bat museum.
- Page 3-2: How Louisville Sluggers are made.
- Page 3-3: Got a mini-bat, a gift bat, an alligator, and a Steak 'n Shake.
Tuesday, Jun. 13, 2006
- Page 4-1: Real live honest-to-gooness picnic! Reached Columbus. Got in touch with Babs and Squirrelly.
- Page 4-2: We went to see "Cars".
- Page 4-3: I spilled soda on Babs, but we loved "Cars". Got upset stomach again.
Wednesday, Jun. 14, 2006
- Page 5-1: Flag Day! Still sick. Drove thru WV into PA. Mailed bat. Reached Pittsburgh.
- Page 5-2: Reached the Convention Center. Rigmarole about a package from Redfeather. Ate with Pandaguy at August Henry's. Kwik-E-Mart.
Thursday, Jun. 15, 2006
- Page 6-1: Two-headed shower. Brown Bag Deli. Nefaria in a suit!
- Page 6-2: Rice pudding! The ZOO. THE CONVENTION CENTER.
- Page 6-3: Aatheus didn't have my phone number and I didn't have his! Tiny Toons party.
- More to come!