Wednesday, Jun. 16 - Thursday, Jul. 1, 2010
In 2010, I decided to drive to Anthrocon, and bundle it with a trip to Toronto to visit Babs before the con and see a little of the sights
of the city, plus a little side trip to Niagara Falls. Unfortunately, Customs tried to ruin my trip for me, and almost succeeded.
Wednesday, Jun. 16, 2010
- Page 1: Drove from Houston to Marshall. Holy white African space Christ, it snowed wood.
Thursday, Jun. 17, 2010
- Page 2: Texarkana choked with construction. Ate in Hope. Drove to Memphis.
Friday, Jun. 18, 2010
- Page 3: Fish & chips in Jackson. Drowsy. Dinosaur in Kentucky! Drove to Louisville.
Saturday, Jun. 19, 2010
- Page 4: Lunch at Blue Ash Chili in Cincinnati. drove to detroit
Sunday, Jun. 20, 2010
- Page 5: Drove to Sarnia, Ontario. Customs gave me a hard time.
- Page 6: Customs interrogated me.
- Page 7: Finally allowed to enter Canada. Drove to Toronto.
- Page 8: Babs called. Communication difficulties.
- Page 9: Hooked up with Babs. Dinner at Pizza Nova. CSI Miami jokes.
Monday, Jun. 21, 2010
- Page 10: Saw Toy Story 3 on my own. WOW.
- Page 11: Saw Toy Story 3 again with Babs. WOW again.
Tuesday, Jun. 22, 2010
- Page 12: Tired eyes. How to go downtown in the rain?
- Page 13: Took the subway downtown. Went to the CN Tower but it was too cloudy to go up. Returned to the hotel.
Wednesday, Jun. 23, 2010
- Page 14: Headed out. Saw Niagara Falls! Reentered the US. Pervy border guard. Burger King-- no, Red Lobster for dinner!
- Page 15: Reached Pittsburgh. Checked in. Thursday: Brown Bag Deli. Supercaveman? Babs arrived. We stood in line and sang the Hoisting O Up Building song.
Thursday, Jun. 24, 2010
- Page 16: Uncle Kage had a surprise, and he showed me and Babs first!