Aug. 18 - Aug. 22, 2000
The sequel to Taurmania! Vakko had so much fun hosting Taurmania last year he decided to do it again, and this time we had a special guest of honor: Jon McClenahan, the guy who runs/ran? Startoons, one of the few animation companies located in the States that animated some episodes of Animaniacs and Tiny Toons. And yes, we went to the Renaissance Festival again!
Friday, Aug. 18, 2000
Saturday, Aug. 19, 2000
- Page 14: Sheila told us of planeharf.
- Page 15: Drove to RenFaire.
- Page 16: Entered RenFaire.
- Page 17: Bought stuff, waited for Jon, found credit card.
- Page 18: Turned in card, Tortuga Twins, lunch.
- Page 19: Jon played chess, I changed my shirt.
- Page 20: Fish & chips & jousting.
- Page 21: Vilification Tennis.
- Page 22: Archery & maze.
- Page 23: Blacksmith demonstration.
- Page 24: The Maypole & the T-shirt.
- Page 25: Leaving RenFaire.
- Page 26: Dinner at Pioneer's.
Fig. 1: Jon's wish.
- Page 27: Shopping & Startoons.
- Page 28: Jon explains toon stuff.
Plus: Sketches of and by Jon!
- Page 29: Jon draws Minerva & says bye, Fu has a birthday party.
Plus: The Minerva drawing!
- Page 30: Went to bed. Sunday: Woke up.
Fig. 2: Evilgift for Jeff.
Sunday, Aug. 20, 2000
- Page 31: B. Kliban & Pringles.
- Page 32: China Restaurant & Britcoms.
- Page 33: Masem leaves before the Aussie candy.
Fig. 3: Fu tries Vegemite!
- Page 34: Jake's Pizza & Duck Soup.
- Page 35: Phone calls. Monday: Burger King.
Monday, Aug. 21, 2000
- Page 36: Jeff & Lou say goodbye.
- Page 37: CS, and ROAD TRIP!
- Page 38: A sudden detour.
- Page 39: Dropped off car, went to Mall of America.
- Page 40: Shopping in Mall of America.
- Page 41: The Bear and the Dragon.
- Page 42: From the mall to Lindey's.
- Page 43: Eating at Lindey's.
- Page 44: Back home for Dance Dance Revolution.
- Page 45: Dance Dance Revolution: fun but tiring!
Fig. 4: Playing DDR inside a tiny house.
Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2000