Oct. 3 - Oct. 7, 2002
In 2002, Conifur made the most abrupt move ever, from the Best Western in Fife to a swanky Sheraton in downtown Tacoma, when the Best Western suddenly shut down just a few months before the con! Much fun was had, despite the problems caused by this sudden change of venue.
Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002
- Page 2: Left Hurricane Lili and yard construction for Quizno's and airport.
- Page 3: Flew to Seattle.
- Page 4: My suitcase didn't arrive!
- Page 5: Drove to hotel.
- Page 6: Registered for con. Lost my pencil bag!
- Page 7: Lady scared by fursuiters.
- Page 8: My suitcase finally arrived! Didn't find Safeway.
- Page 9: Went in a furry SUV and found Safeway.
- Page 10: Bought food. Friday: Orca plushie. Opening Ceremonies.
Figs. 1, 2, 3: Fursuit Challenge. Diagrams of lobby and courtyard
Friday, Oct. 4, 2002
- Page 11: Dealer Den. SeaWolf. Tuna. Nap.
- Page 12: Maid. "Furriers". Nap part 2. Paper airplanes!
- Page 13: Artist Ambush!
- Page 14: Pizza trek.
- Page 15: Furry Pictionary! Cups, exploding pen, rare coin.
- Page 16: Furry Pictionary: A f***ing SMILEY FACE?!
- Page 17: Furry Pictionary: Mormon Hockey Team.
- Page 18: Laser pointer. Show us your tits! Dead fish. Saturday: Digital scrubbing.
Fig. 4: Dog sniffed my tail.
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2002
- Page 19: Jonathan showed up. Another nap. Sold ice cream to a four-armed dragon.
- Page 20: Ice Cream Social! Artist Jam party.
- Page 21: Henna. She's very sensitive. Videos: Red Shetland, Midnight Over Minerva.
Sunday, Oct. 6, 2002
- Page 22: Pizza with a rabbit.
Fig. 5: Furry words in Dilbert!
- Page 23: Ten Fatal Fiction Flaws (well, four of them). Feedback session.
- Page 24: Dead Dog Party.
Monday, Oct. 7, 2002
- Page 25: Drove a space beaver to the airport.
- Page 26: Had trouble finding the car rental lot.
- Page 27: Flew home with a cute horse.
- Page 28: Drove home with Chinese food.