Jan. 23 - Jan. 27, 2002
The theme of this year's FC was academic: "Further Confusion University"! The website was all done up like a college site, calling attendees "incoming students" and panels "classes", etc. There were a few scheduling snafus, and I had to leave the con a tad early. Ah well, still, I had fun!
Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2002
- Page 2: Went to airport. Hadda potty on shuttle.
- Page 3: Two gate changes.
- Page 4: Flew to San Francisco.
- Page 5: Checked in, then had dinner with Keeper & Penny.
- Page 6: Met Zot & Chilly. Bought water. Fridge in my room!
Thursday, Jan. 24, 2002
- Page 7: Fire alarm!
- Page 8: Light schedule. Jack in the Box. Helped Hawk with his fursuit.
- Page 9: Got my badge! Went out to fix it.
- Page 10: Fixed badge. These art supplies want to be used! Pre-FC party with Chinese food. Opening ceremony.
- Page 11: Fursuit Dance! Got tired.
Friday, Jan. 25, 2002
- Page 12: Pawpet Show featuring Hazel!
- Page 13: More Pawpet Show.
- Page 14: Lunch with Hawk at Little Sichuan. Dealer Den.
- Page 15: Asked Max for sketch. Showed Gene my book. Oops, blank pages in comic! Dinner in hotel.
- Page 16: Nervous waiter! Dinner with Europeans. Furry Variety Show!
- Page 17: More Furry Variety Show.
- Page 18: Still more Furry Variety Show.
- Page 19: Virtual Vikki's Yiffnet Party. Waiting for 2's show.
- Page 20: 2 the Gryphon.
- Page 21: Problem with my Brita bottle.
Saturday, Jan. 26, 2002
- Page 22: Soap broke. Lunch with Hawk at TGI Friday's.
- Page 23: Got lost. Got sketch from Max. Charity auction ran long.
- Page 24: Bidding war on shirts. Whose Fur Is It Anyway!
- Page 25: More Whose Fur Is It Anyway.
- Page 26: End of Whose Fur. Iron Artist!
- Page 27: Iron Artist!
- Page 28: Iron Artist results. Masquerade began.
- Page 29: Masquerade.
- Page 30: Masquerade: Battle of Hastings, Thomas & Dizzy.
- Page 31: Masquerade: Tiger Tribe. Krang!
- Page 32: Masquerade: The Furry Superheroes!
- Page 33: Ice cream social. Kage's Story Hour.
- Page 34: Kage's Story Hour: Epileptic seizure, Dan DeCarlo.
- Page 35: Kage's Story Hour: Surly pharmacy clerk.
- Page 36: Kage's Story Hour: Elevator, earplug.
- Page 37: Kage's Story Hour: Got it out! Lithotripsy.
- Page 38: Huge death ray thing! I went to Artist Jam party.
- Page 39: Harsh edgy cartoons. Secret second floor.
- Page 40: Lenester's room party. Maze! Packed.
Fig. 1: All-Purpose Swifopdi, by Virtual Vikki.
Sunday, Jan. 27, 2002
- Page 41: Funday Pawpet Show.
- Page 42: Funday Pawpet Show, continued.
- Page 43: Drove to airport. Stupid spike-ignorant lady.
- Page 44: Wiseguy shuttle driver. Hot dog. Flew home.
- Page 45: Arrived home. Took too long to finish this diary.