Jan. 22 - Jan. 28, 2003
This year's FC made a number of firsts: first five-day furry con, first con to have its own in-room TV programming (FCTV)... and first con in which I performed in the Variety Show!
Fortunately, it did NOT become the first diary that I failed to finish before going to the next year's con. That honor(?) went to Anthrocon 2003.
Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2003
- Page 2: Drove to Greenspoint Mall.
- Page 3: Airport, airplane, Stuart Little 2.
- Page 4: Lavatory. Glazorthian. Landed in San Jose. Stairway.
- Page 5: Arrived at San Jose Doubletree, with its looong hallways.
Fig. 1: Cooookieeeee!
- Page 6: Hung around in lobby. Thursday: Shopping run for toiletries.
Thursday, Jan. 23, 2003
- Page 7: Westfield Shoppingtown Mall. Ivar's! Long's Drugs.
- Page 8: Registration. Hung out in lobby. Red Viper out front.
- Page 9: Babs took Nick Rhabbit out.
- Page 10: Dinner in the hotel. Crack Chicken night for others. Dinner with Lenester.
- Page 11: Fun at Denny's. Friday: I was gonna be in the Furry Variety Show!
Friday, Jan. 24, 2003
- Page 12: FVS planning. No hot dog. Furry Improv started.
- Page 13: Furry Improv: Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- Page 14: Furry Improv: Adjective Noun. Helping Hands.
- Page 15: Preparation for FVS. Show started.
- Page 16: FVS: Me with no fursuit.
- Page 17: FVS: Me as Uncle Kage.
- Page 18: Other FVS acts. Internet cafe.
- Page 19: Paper Tigers: Made an armadillo mask.
- Page 20: Polite fire alarm. Ham sandwich and FLUXX game.
- Page 21: How to play FLUXX. Creator's Lounge.
- Page 22: Groat gossip. 2's show.
- Page 23: 2's show: Profanity and nudity.
Saturday, Jan. 25, 2003
- Page 24: 3. Saturday: Soda run. The State of Animation.
- Page 25: The state of animation merchandising. Pawpet Show.
- Page 26: Pawpet Show. Gave Babs a Mt. Dew. Iron Artist!
- Page 27: Iron Artist.
- Page 28: Iron Artist results. Cake social.
- Page 29: Masquerade!
- Page 30: Masquerade.
- Page 31: Yerf party. The system was down.
- Page 32: The Eye of Argon: Flaming lips.
- Page 33: The Eye of Argon: Many fauceted scarlet emerald. CRASH!
- Page 34: The Eye of Argon: Bad-writing-related injury. Mrifk!
- Page 35: The Eye of Argon: Loincloths & demons possessed.
- Page 36: The Eye of Argon: Feet, right hands, Sargon, coral & jelly like. Washed my arms.
Sunday, Jan. 26, 2003
- Page 37: Fursuit Parade!
- Page 38: More Fursuit Parade!
- Page 39: Lady photographed my buttons. I got a Mississippi quarter. Pizza, FCTV & shower.
- Page 40: FCTV is nifty! Critterlympics started.
- Page 41: Critterlympics: Dirty rotten cheatin' fursuiters! Gamera vs. Godzilla vs. Megaphant.
- Page 42: 'See if you can get him to drink a beer!' Went to TC's for burritos and Donnie Darko.
- Page 43: Lenester's room party. Liplagging. YiffyVixen38.
Monday, Jan. 27, 2003
- Page 44: Met Baxil. Monday: Toby Bluth interview. Lunch with PJ at Quizno's.
- Page 45: Bought lunch for Nynaeve for a mutant sketch.
- Page 46: Whiners at feedback session. Dead Dog Party.
- Page 47: Why 2 didn't show up. Packed. Tuesday: Deny's.
Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2003
- Page 48: On the plane, watched 'Sen to Chihiro' with other furries. TSA suitcase meddlin'. China Stix.