Nov. 19 - Nov. 27, 2002
THE EPIC JOURNEY. This year, Midwest FurFest moved from one Chicago suburb to another: from the Sheraton in Arlington Heights to the Hyatt Regency Woodfield in Schaumburg. And I became totally insane and decided to drive all the way there from Houston!
- Page 1: Title page (dig that Farmer Qoon pose!)
Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2002
- Page 2: Loaded up car & headed out: Houston - Livingston.
- Page 3: US-59 is weird! Texarkana. Arkansas is dark. Hope.
- Page 4: Burger King vs. moon. Little Rock: Checked in, got food.
- Page 5: Cooler sprang a leak! Wednesday: Towels harfed. Drove thru Arkansas.
Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2002
- Page 6: Bought new cooler & towels at Wal-Mart. Drove thru Missouri.
Fig. 1: Dusty candy bar in Portageville, MO.
- Page 7: More Missouri. St. Louis! Big Blue House. Slurp! Motel 6.
Thursday, Nov. 21, 2002
- Page 8: Used cooler properly. Drove thru Illinois. Rain!
- Page 9: Lunch in Chenoa. Rain got worse.
- Page 10: Got to the hotel! Cooold.
- Page 11: Moved stuff in. Wrightesque. Stalking Cat. Sponsor badge. Fishies. Pizza!
- Page 12: Butterscotch. Woodfield Mall. Steve Plunkett's room.
Friday, Nov. 22, 2002
- Page 13: Glowing jellybeans! Friday: Shower handle broke. Trout-slapping. Steak Escape.
- Page 14: Hangin' with furries at A&W. Foulmouthed jerk. Dealer den!
- Page 15: Opening Ceremonies!
- Page 16: Meet the Guests of Honor.
- Page 17: Comedy Show: Adric Verminus & 2 the Gryphon.
- Page 18: Kage mimes something at 2.
- Page 19: 2 asks, why do people hate furries?
- Page 20: 2 has an answer.
- Page 21: 2's camping trip. 2 talks about drugs.
- Page 22: Drugs make you too stupid to rob convenience stores.
- Page 23: Furry Variety Show!
- Page 24: FVS: Sym tries to attract fanboys.
- Page 25: FVS cont.
Saturday, Nov. 23, 2002
- Page 26: FVS: Raccoon Song. Saturday: Invisible puppets!
- Page 27: Pawpet Show cont.
- Page 28: More Pawpet Show. Sponsor luncheon.
- Page 29: Seattle. Fursuit Parade!
- Page 30: Fursuit Parade went outside but not past Kage. Web Comics panel.
- Page 31: Traded sketchbooks with Tremaine. Hung out. 10th Anniversary Puppet Show.
- Page 32: Puppet show: Fifi & Odie. Getting Scarlet.
- Page 33: Puppet show: Getting Gracie. Personal FX.
- Page 34: Puppet show: Jamaican cruise. Two puppets at once!
- Page 35: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: Mafia cake. Fang, the Shaolin Chemist.
- Page 36: Story Hour: Chicago Scary Person.
- Page 37: Story Hour: Stomach flu. Paris. Amsterdam.
- Page 38: Story Hour: Dick teases Kage in the Red Light District.
- Page 39: Story Hour: Kage's revenge. I found candy corn in the Con Suite!
- Page 40: Loriana's glowing head. Sunday: No origami, no Puppetry for Mundanes.
Fig. 2: Christmas already?
Sunday, Nov. 24, 2002
- Page 41: Grill O'Byte internet snack bar. Geese! Animal People in Art History. Gave my sketchbooks to Tremaine and the Gneech.
- Page 42: Presenting Furry to the World: Rule 1, look around you first.
- Page 43: Presenting Furry: Keep it short and sweet.
- Page 44: Presenting Furry: THE MEDIA.
- Page 45: Presenting Furry: Q&A session.
- Page 46: Funday Pawpet Show: Ozark & Hayseed.
- Page 47: Funday Pawpet Show: Nick Rhabbit. Christmas songs.
- Page 48: Funday Pawpet Show: More Christmas songs. Snow!
- Page 49: Babs wanted to go to Olive Garden. Glaide was depressed.
- Page 50: Italian food and Telephone!
- Page 51: Returned to hotel. The Art Jam and its Disappearing Act.
- Page 52: 'Cos of fanboy noise. Mini-art jam.
- Page 53: Funny Missouri towns. We found the hidden art jam!
Monday, Nov. 25, 2002
- Page 54: Packed. Snow on car! Washed cooler again.
- Page 55: Went to laundromat, and Schlotzsky's.
- Page 56: Maps of hotel area and entire route.
- Page 57: Tried to stay awake while driving thru Illinois.
Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2002
- Page 58: Steak 'n Shake. Tuesday: Drove through Missouri. Paul Harvey at DQ?
- Page 59: Construction zone. Reached Little Rock. Went out for dinner.
Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2002
- Page 60: Papa Johns pizza. Wednesday: Took I-430, scenic route. Clinton sign at Hope.
- Page 61: Drove through Texas. Big box of DQ onion rings.
- Page 62: Reached Houston. Passed accident scene on 610. Home at last!