Nov. 13 - 27, 2003
This may be the first trip for which I started putting up the diary before the trip is over. First I visited Vakko and Sheila in Fairmont, MN, and then I drove to Chicago for Midwest Furfest. I had a blast! Except for this blasted sore throat.
The trip to Fairmont, and the start of the convention.
Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2003
Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2003
Thursday, Nov. 13, 2003
- Page 4: Hit the road. Stopped to see the Sam Houston Statue.
- Page 5: Got pulled over by the narcs!
- Page 6: The narcs searched my car, then let me go.
- Page 7: Passed through Dallas. Dark and rainy in Oklahoma. Couldn't see!
- Page 8: Stopped in Perry. Had lots of problems trying to find Redfox's number.
- Page 9: Dried stuff out. Called Vakko and Sheila.
Friday, Nov. 14, 2003
- Page 10: Got on the Kansas Turnpike. TX, OK and KS state route signs. Visitor's Info Center. Cold energy bar.
- Page 11: Got off the Turnpike halfway. Entered Missouri. Ooo.
- Page 12: MoDOT. Entered Iowa. Pfft. Reached Des Moines, but couldn't find lodging.
- Page 13: Found lodging at a fancy Holiday Inn.
Saturday, Nov. 15, 2003
- Page 14: Rudely awakened at 4:30 am. Hit the road. Drizzly.
- Page 15: Interesting signs. Minnesota. Reached the Stable.
- Page 16: Babb's BBQ, nickel tour, scanned diary, El Mariachi, IRC, slept.
Sunday, Nov. 16, 2003
- Page 17: The Ranch, tiny town, driving lesson, diary update.
- Page 18: DVDs, pizza, SA explanation.
- Page 19: tl;dr, heating pad in bed.
Monday, Nov. 17, 2003
- Page 20: The Ranch again, Fleet & Farm Store, prairie dogs.
- Page 21: Windmills. UPS harf.
- Page 22: UPS harf, eggnog, stomach harf. Brother Bear.
- Page 23: Sheila might have to travel. China Restaurant.
Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2003
- Page 24: Vakko and I went to Sioux Falls. Benson Road. Minerva's.
- Page 25: Midnight Layer Cake Minerva.
- Page 26: Went to the EROS Data Center.
- Page 27: Went to the Empire Mall.
- Page 28: Big stone Minnesota. Went home. Sheila had to pack. Wednesday: Babb's BBQ. Jolly Green Giant. Golden Spike.
Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2003
- Page 29: Called folks from IRC. Bending water with a comb. Chinese buffet. Looney Tunes: Back in Action!
Thursday, Nov. 20, 2003
- Page 30: Drove through Minnesota and into Wisconsin.
- Page 31: Weird Wisconsin signage. Entered Illinois. Whoops, odd tolls.
- Page 32: Drove to the hotel, unpacked car. Silly raccoon on cart.
- Page 33: HEY, IT'S KT! Olive Garden with Xydexx and Rigel. Bunny Bloom antics.
- Page 34: Drove Jim Groat to White Castle.
Friday, Nov. 21, 2003
- Page 35: Went out to buy a new hairbrush. White Castle for lunch.
- Page 36: White Castle not bad. Wish J. Badger a happy birthday! A Cappella Karaoke Lip Synch Contest.
Not completed yet. Part 2 will consist of most of the rest of the con.
The end of the con, my visit with Justin, and the drive home.
Sunday, Nov. 23, 2003
- Page 1: Ban Evil Spoonguard. Closing ceremonies.
- Page 2: Dinner at Olive Garden. Hung out in the ballroom.
- Page 3: Databit. Mansex.
Monday, Nov. 24, 2003
- Page 4: Tried to contact Justin. Hung out with furries.
- Page 5: Hung out at the mall. Drove over to Justin's.
- Page 6: Justin wasn't feeling well. I went to Chinatown.
- Page 7: Chinese food. Beth showed up. Soup and ice cream.
Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2003
- Page 8: Air mattress. Headed out. Became a multiheaded fox.
- Page 9: America's Woadteam. Saw the Gateway Arch!
- Page 10: Good! by Pizzicato Five.
- Page 11: Ran over tire treads. Stopped in Perryville, MO. Dairy Queen.
Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2003
- Page 12: Pumpkin Blizzard. Stopped near Little Rock for onion rings.
- Page 13: Ate at a smoky truck stop. Broke a bag of ice.
- Page 14: Rest stop. Couldn't get a soda, so got ice cream.
- Page 15: Stopped in Texarkana. State route sign update. Thursday: Headed down U.S. 59 on Thanksgiving.
Thursday, Nov. 27, 2003
- Page 16: Had trouble getting lunch. Missed the interstate system. Finally got home!