Tuesday, Nov. 18 - Thursday, Nov. 27, 2008
This was MFF's first year in its new home, the Westin in Wheeling, IL, after outgrowing the Hyatt Woodfield in Schaumburg. Also this year, I gave Qaianna a ride from Rock Island, IL to the con. Also it was the coldest MFF I've ever been to! Will I actually complete this diary? Stay tuned!
Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2008
- Page 1-1: Got an early start. WALL-E. Cruise control! Cheap gas is expensive! Fishcrane. Traffic in Dallas.
- Page 1-2: Oklahoma. Best Western in Edmond. Steak 'n Shake with mushrooms! Ladybugs 'n marshmallows.
Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2008
- Page 2-1: Kansas Turnpike. Taco Bell in Emporia. Cheap gas is cheap! COOOLD in Osceola. Courtyard in Des Moines.
Thursday, Nov. 20, 2008
- Page 3-1: Interstate 80 Iowa. My phone was cold? Picked up Qaianna. Lunch at Culver's.
- Page 3-2: We drove to Chicago on the I-88 toll road. Elton John. La Quinta in Chicagoland.
- Page 3-3: Went to the W stin. Registration, Osteria, glove, Babs and Jon.
- Page 3-4: On the way back to the La Quinta, I got pulled over for weaving! Jon slept on the floor.
Friday, Nov. 21, 2008
- Page 4-1: Moved into the Westin. Lunch at Potbelly Sandwich Works. WHERE ARE MY KEYS?!!
- Page 4-2: Sandwiches. Monty Python Fluxx. Jibba.
- Page 4-3: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: Zooming down the Autobahn.
- Page 4-4: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: REAL SUSHI. Dead whale. Flying first class.
- Page 4-5: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: Eye surgery: preparation.
- Page 4-6: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: Eye surgery: How much was in that pill?
- Page 4-7: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: Eye surgery: A Cockroach Orange.
- Page 4-8: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: Eye surgery: Staring at the red dot.
- Page 4-9: Uncle Kage's Story Hour: No urinals in Britain.
- Page 4-10: 2 the Ranting Gryphon: Farting, bunny suits, and roofies.
- Page 4-11: 2 the Ranting Gryphon: Kinderplatz. Me: Freezing fire alarm.
- Page 4-12: Whose Lion Is It Anyway.
Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008
- Page 5-1: Monty Python Fluxx. Sponsor brunch. Neuracnu. Fursuit Parade. Making masks in the Den.
- Page 5-3: Late getting pizza in my room with friends.
Sunday, Nov. 23, 2008
- Page 6-1: Moved into the La Quinta. Lost key? Holiday puppet show. Buca di Beppo.
- More to come!