Aug. 27 - Sep. 3, 2003
MFM 2003 was fun! And for some reason I found myself making four trips to Wal-Mart before the con even began. Also I got to help break the world record for most ferret puppets onstage at a single time, and watched Jugular Jaguar get thrown in a pool, and finally got to eat at Catfish Cabin!
Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2003
- Page 2: Planning for the trip. Hit the road early in the morning.
- Page 3: The long drive.
- Page 4: Moved into my room. Bought badge-making materials.
Thursday, Aug. 28, 2003
- Page 5: I got a better room this year! Closer to the action!
- Page 6: Sat in the lobby playing "Furry Or Not?"
- Page 7: Drove HavocFox to Wal-Mart... and back!
- Page 8: Registered. Ate dinner, but not at Cafe Joe. POP!
Friday, Aug. 29, 2003
- Page 9: Draconis wanted to go to Wal-Mart, but I took Gesten instead.
- Page 10: Figured out how to get back! Then SonicBlu and LatexFox needed to go to Wal-Mart.
- Page 11: We imagined ElvisCon. Puppet show started.
- Page 12: Puppet Show.
- Page 13: Puppet Show. Opening Ceremonies.
- Page 14: Furry Frolic Dinner. Sat in Garden Court. Refused to go to Wal-Mart a fifth time. Lou Leghorn gave me Macro Pocky.
Saturday, Aug. 30, 2003
- Page 15: Cafe Karina. Puppetry 101.
- Page 16: Puppetry practice. Chain of ferrets. Fursuit Parade started.
- Page 17: Fursuit Parade.
- Page 18: Meet the GOH. Animation panel? No. Dealer Den. Upside-down hat.
- Page 19: Loriana drew a picture that was SO WRONG. Pizza feed!
- Page 20: Puppet Show #2.
- Page 21: End of puppet show. Fursuit Games.
- Page 22: Met a chimera. Loriana was "kidnapped".
- Page 23: Film at 11. Bey Blades with Bushy Cat.
Sunday, Aug. 31, 2003
- Page 24: Commissioned a badge from White Wolf, and why not?
- Page 25: Rehearsed for Masquerade. Talked to a reporter. Oh, and saw Animal Imitators.
- Page 26: Masquerade: Puppet acts, etc.
- Page 27: Masquerade: Ring My Bell, Let Me Be Good To You, eBay.
- Page 28: Masquerade: Getting ready for the final number. A ferret record!
- Page 29: Masquerade: Happy Happy Joy Joy. Adric's Comedy Show.
- Page 30: Adric's show: Wishing Mom a happy birthday.
- Page 31: Adric's show: Vasectomies, redneck kin.
- Page 32: Adric's show: Sha-NE-thaaa.
- Page 33: Adric's show: Moscola.
- Page 34: Adric's show: Dead Puppies.
- Page 35: Adric's show: Dead Puppies, cont.
- Page 36: Closing Ceremonies.
- Page 37: Closing Ceremonies: Throwing Jugular Jaguar in the pool.
- Page 38: Dinner, ice cream, and mini-auction.
Monday, Sep. 1, 2003
- Page 39: Couldn't get the paper. Free laser pointer!
- Page 40: Lunch at Catfish Cabin. Got the paper!
Plus: The local paper printed an article about us!
- Page 41: Sat around in lobby. Bad singing. Swimming. Upset stomach. Drawing by Cobalt.
Tuesday, Sep. 2, 2003
- Page 42: Breakfast with Tony and Draconis. Hit the road.
- Page 43: Crossed the Mississippi with some confusion. Heavy storm!
- Page 44: Subway in Wheatley. Another heavy storm!
- Page 45: Change of route. Stopped in Greenville. Phone troubles.
- Page 46: A place to eat. Wednesday: Towards Dallas. Lake Lavon.
Wednesday, Sep. 3, 2003
- Page 47: Six Flags Over Texas. I-45. Another heavy storm! Sam Houston. Weird storm. Home!