KT's ConSortium 2002 Photos
ConSortium is a science fiction convention held in Houston. Some local furries decided to invade -- er, attend the con and have a room party. Two of us were fursuiters, so we had a little fursuit walk, and even joined the masquerade contest!
Saturday, Jun. 15, 2002
- bigposter.jpg - The big poster over the registration table at ConSortium. Look, there's a furry character on it! Also notice the sardonic comments on the sign underneath. The hotel was in the midst of extensive construction work during the con.
- bigblacktail.jpg - Shockwave shows up at the con, wagging his big black wolf tail behind him. (Some woman kept pulling it!)
- scifihawk.jpg - Shrag and Hawk dress up in fursuits, then Hawk puts on a cool Matrix-y trenchcoat.
- furwalk.jpg - Furries walking around the con, getting reactions from SF'ers. (Note the black curtains at left, cordoning off the atrium, which was under construction at the time.)
- bettertogether.jpg - Some things are better together: cheetahs and hawks! Even better with a cold Budweiser or Bacardi Silver.
- masq1-hawk.jpg - Hawk performs in the Masquerade contest, while Riverwolf narrates. "Welcome to Mutual of Cut & Shoot's Not-So-Wild Kingdom. Today, we look at the red-tailed hawk, whose natural habitat is the disco floor."
- masq2-sneak.jpg - Shrag sneaks up on Hawk. "Here we see the red-tailed hawk being stalked by its natural enemy, the spotted leopard. But the hawk has many natural defenses..."
- masq3-pals.jpg - "For example, bribery." Hawk offers Shrag a bottle of scotch, and they walk off arm in arm. "The effectiveness of this ploy is limited, however, because the spotted leopard can't hold his liquor worth a flip."