Sunday, Dec. 4 - Friday, Dec. 9, 2005
The first furry con held on the high seas! We went on a Royal Caribbean cruise and visited Nassau and Key West. (We were also supposed to visit CocoCay, but that didn't happen.)
Sunday, Dec. 4, 2005
- Page 0-1: Set out on an epic journey but got distracted.
- Page 1-1: Drove to the airport. Candy canes. Spilled trail mix.
- Page 1-2: Flew to Miami. Which baggage claim?
- Page 1-3: Tried to call Zot from the airport but couldn't.
- Page 1-4: Tried to call Zot from the hotel but never mind. Dinner at Chili's.
- Page 1-5: Wal-Mart. Whooshy wind. Discovery Channel.
- Page 1-6: Picked up Seawolf, then tried to find food late at night.
- Page 1-7: Bought a sandwich from a heavily fortified Chevron.
Monday, Dec. 5, 2005
- Page 2-1: Couldn't print out my SetSail Pass. We slowly made our way to the port.
- Page 2-2: We got on the cruise ship.
- Page 2-3: Wanted the Unlimited Fountain Drink/Juice Package. But first, the drill.
- Page 2-4: A woman fainted! I tried again to get the drink package but aargh, lifevest.
- Page 2-5: Annoyed. Cheetos. Then dinner!
- Page 2-6: Furry events!
Fig. 1: Calamity Cougar encountered a crazy lady.
Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2005
- Page 3-1: Disregarded the crew drill. Breakfast. Glass bottom boat tour.
- Page 3-2: We saw fishies and a shipwreck! I bought Mountain Dew, yeah mon.
- Page 3-3: How to get to Paradise Island: Water taxi or land taxi?
- Page 3-4: Went to the Atlantis Hotel and saw part of the aquarium.
- Page 3-5: Swanky beach. Taxi back to the ship.
- Page 3-6: Shower. Formal dinner. Meat candy! Psychedelia. Reflective stripes.
- Page 3-7: Watched the ship cast off. Big drunk party.
Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2005
- Page 4-1: Didn't stop at CocoCay. Late breakfast. Zot in the hot tub.
- Page 4-2: Swam in the salty pool too long and got sick.
- Page 4-3: Went to the ship's doctor.
- Page 4-4: Ate lunch, missed dinner, had a snack.
- Page 4-5: Shortest Masquerade ever! Fursuit games with dented jumprope.
- Page 4-6: Chocolate and lots of it! Dex entertained some ladies.
Thursday, Dec. 8, 2005
- Page 5-1: We reached Key West and had our passports checked. I almost tried conch fritters.
- Page 5-2: Found Dr Pepper. Disorganized.
- Page 5-3: Went to go kayaking. A girl got stung.
- Page 5-4: Wooo, I'm kayaking!
- Page 5-5: Decided not to skip the snorkeling.
- Page 5-6: Didn't see much. Had trouble getting out.
- Page 5-7: Dolphin encounter: Didn't see any dolphins.
- Page 5-8: Dinner. Bartender never heard of a mint julep? Ship rocked.
- Page 5-9: Last night of furry events.
Friday, Dec. 9, 2005
- Page 6-1: Back in Miami! I left the ship.
- Page 6-2: How to get to the airport? A shuttle. No, the other one.
- Page 6-3: Killed a few hours. Is this the crazy lady from the ship?
- Page 6-4: Brazilliam nightmare. Got on the plane.
- Page 6-5: Surgery recommendation. Needed a jacket. Baby story. Got home.