Oct. 7 - 11, 2004
Linucon is an SF/Linux convention which in 2004 was held in Austin, TX. It's not a furry convention, but it sounded like fun anyway!
Thursday, October 7, 2004
- Page 1: Tried to get sketchbook refill paper.
- Page 2: Got paper! Drove to Austin.
- Page 3: Got to the con. Wal-Mart. China Star. Met Jay and Howard Tayler.
Friday, October 8, 2004
- Page 4: Lunch with Jay, Howard & Pi. Met Eric S. Raymond, Wil Wheaton, & Steve Jackson and his Chaos Machine.
- Page 5: Liquid nitrogen ice cream. GOHs named Eric. Costume panel. Wil Wheaton read from his books.
- Page 6: Excerpts from Wil's books. Wil wanted my video. The Chaos Machine was getting BIG!
Saturday, October 9, 2004
- Page 7: Bug-ridden Chaos Machine. Fannish Culture. Quick lunch. That Whole Hollywood Thing.
- Page 8: Hacking Food: Making chupaquesos. Let Bookworm copy my tape.
- Page 9: Evil Stevie's Lego Pirates.
- Page 10: Robots!
- Page 11: Liquid nitrogen ice cream: Pumpkin? No. How about apple?
- Page 12: Orange Ju— er, orange and vanilla ice cream. Felt sick.
- Page 13: Got camera back from Bookworm (who went to C-ACE!) Masquerade.
- Page 14: Chaos Machine invaded chandelier! Eye of Argon. What Peter Jackson Left Out.
Sunday, October 10, 2004
- Page 15: Gave Wil Wheaton a crappy video. Chaos Machine assimilated its surroundings!
- Page 16: Schlock Mercenary panel. Bought an LED badge. Tried to reprogram it at GOH luncheon.
- Page 17: My LED badge was flaky! AAAGH! Chaos Machine (mostly) stabilized.
- Page 18: Chaos Machine terminology. Reactions from mundanes.
- Page 19: Teardown. Sorting thingies. Oh, food!
- Page 20: Mongolian barbecue. Fortune typo. Aww, it's over.
Monday, October 11, 2004
- Page 21: Barton Creek Square Mall. Drove home.