Wednesday, Mar. 5 - Tuesday, Mar. 11, 2008
Josh Fruhlinger of The Comics Curmudgeon traveled to Tucson, Arizona, for a vacation and to meet Bob Weber, Jr., the creator of Slylock Fox Comics for Kids, and he invited any of his readers who lived in the Tucson area to join the two of them for dinner. I interpreted "in the Tucson area" to mean "two or three days at most from Tucson by car" and showed up, and we all had a blast! The rest of the trip, however, had various problems.
Wednesday, Mar. 5, 2008
Thursday, Mar. 6, 2008
- Page 3-1: Got rained on, my car died, then it started, then the rain stopped, then there was a long line for lunch.
- Page 3-2: Got a friggin' SPEEDING TICKET and stopped in Deming, NM.
Friday, Mar. 7, 2008
- Page 4-1: Construction in Tucson! Two Motel Sixes!
- Page 4-2: El Con Mall. The Kon-Tiki. Met Curmudgeons.
- Page 4-3: T-shirts. Slylock strips. Food. Group photos.
Saturday, Mar. 8, 2008
- Page 5-1: Dry throat. I-19. Humidifier. Boulders. The THING?
- Page 5-2: Gift shop. Museum. The THING. Lunch in Bowie. MAINT REQ'D?
- Page 5-3: Maint maybe not req'd. IN THE TOW. Las Cruces and how I changed my plans. Chilitos. Surf's Up!
Sunday, Mar. 9, 2008
- Page 6-1: Not dry throat. ¡Hola México! 2 hours ahead. Quaint ice. Reached Ft. Stockton.
Monday, Mar. 10, 2008
- Page 7-1: Strained my back! MAINT REQ'D!! Or is it? NAPA in Ozona.
- Page 7-2: Scary moment in a Boerne construction zone. Hardwood floor in San Antonio.
Tuesday, Mar. 11, 2008
- Page 8-1: Construction in San Antonio. Buc-Ee's on a stick. Traffic jam in Houston! Overview of trip.