Monday, Sep. 3 - Sunday, Sep. 9, 2007
I decided to travel to New Mexico based on my mom's recollections of seeing Zozobra, a.k.a. Old Man Gloom, an effigy burned as part of the Fiesta in Santa Fe, when she was there 40 years ago. I also decided to visit the Four Corners Monument, the only place in the U.S. where four states meet at a single point. When I was there, I saw some of the most spectacular scenery in the country!
Monday, Sep. 3, 2007
- Page 1-1: Bad day as I traveled through Texas. Muddy book! Fake water! Hot room! Rain! But funny graffiti.
- Page 1-2: Poor signage. Ate dinner in Bowie, TX. More poor signage and construction. Stopped in Wichita Falls. Hot shower!
Tuesday, Sep. 4, 2007
- Page 2-1: Childress. Amarillo. New Mexico. San Jon. Tucumcari. Maps!
- Page 2-2: Santa Fe. Borders. Borders?! Osaka. Brief rainstorm.
Wednesday, Sep. 5, 2007
Thursday, Sep. 6, 2007
- Page 4-1: Went to Staples, Randy. Then the mall. Mommy tried to tech-support from a carousel.
- Page 4-2: Went to see Zozobra.
- Page 4-3: Zozobra BURNED!
Friday, Sep. 7, 2007
- Page 5-1: Downtown for Fiesta. Food & shopping. Saw Stardust.
Saturday, Sep. 8, 2007
- Page 6-1: Lunch with Ben Yackley in Albuquerque. Dinner in Amarillo. New Cars toys! Slept in Shamrock.
Sunday, Sep. 9, 2007
- Page 7-1: The U Drop Inn. Heavy rains in Texas. Bikers and cops. Idiot on the freeway on foot. Rain stopped!