June 22 - 29, 1998
Third if you count Canamania. Like my first trip to Oregon, this was a personal trip rather than an Animania. It was also my first trip driving all by myself! I met Brendan and spot again, then stayed with Dot, Katie (aka Babs), Taperlass and Wilford B. Wolf.
- Page 1: Switched from Delta to Continental.
Monday, June 22, 1998
- Page 2: Drove to the airport. Evil parking.
- Page 3: Parked, checked in with my E-ticket.
- Page 4: Set off the metal detector, ate a po-boy, boarded the plane.
- Page 5: Anagram puzzle, ham sandwich and Every Flavour Beans.
- Page 6: Making stuff up. MOUNT HOOD!
- Page 7: Landed in Portlump. Construction.
- Page 8: Rented a car. Drove to Lloyd Center.
- Page 9: Drove to chezgrape. Dinner at Chin Yen.
- Page 10: Rotating milk. René vs. the Apple. Hit the road for Springfield.
Fig. 1: Woman asked for jump start at the truck stop.
- Page 11: Got lost in Eugene.
- Page 12: Bought a map. Reached RTMS. Met the cat. René vs. the Apple. Marmite.
Tuesday, June 23, 1998
- Page 13: MONDAY: Cartoon Network. TUESDAY: Met Babs.
- Page 14: Went to Gateway Mall for lunch. No Ivar's!
- Page 15: Comic book store. Chinese food.
- Page 16: Ranma. Chicken & spaghetti. Scooby Doo.
Wednesday, June 24, 1998
- Page 17: Godzilla. Cute sundress. Japanese food at Shiki.
Thursday, June 25, 1998
- Page 18: WEDNESDAY: Real World? Nah. Cuddled. THURSDAY: Went to Gateway Mall again.
- Page 19: Annoying kids in food court. Locked out.
- Page 20: Woke up Dot. Windows 98. Hamburger Helper.
Fig. 2: Sketch of Taper eating Hamburger Helper.
- Page 21: Startled Dot! Midnight food run.
Friday, June 26, 1998
- Page 22: THURSDAY: Apologized to Dot. FRIDAY: Ranma. MST3K.
Fig. 3: Waxwolves can be taken apart.
- Page 23: Returned tapes. More MST3K. Austin Powers. AOL bes evil.
Saturday, June 27, 1998
- Page 24: FRIDAY: Spirit ward. Waffles. Photoshop. SATURDAY: Oatmeal.
- Page 25: Trying to cook oatmeal.
- Page 26: Managing to make oatmeal. More MST3K.
Fig. 4: Wilford's computer narfs a lot.
- Page 27: Stirfry. Head. Photoshop lessons. Furry pics. Corndogs.
Sunday, June 28, 1998
- Page 28: Heading to Loon Lake.
- Page 29: Bought food in Drain.
- Page 30: Picnic at Loon Lake. Nature hike. Dot made a spoon!
Fig. 5: "Megan, shush!"
- Page 31: Drove back. Met Varro & his Lisa tattoo.
Fig. 6: C. W. McCall.
Fig. 7: Junk shop at roadside stand.
Fig. 8: Taper says "I"!
Monday, June 29, 1998
- Page 32: SUNDAY: Fan MST3K of Star Trek V. Packed. MONDAY: Moved my car.
- Page 33: Drove to Portlump. How to cross the river?
- Page 34: Crossed the river. Lunch at Lloyd Center.
- Page 35: Got to the airport.
- Page 36: Flew home.
- Page 37: Got back home. Connectionharf.