May 21 - May 27, 2003
Rocket City FurMeet is a brand-new con held in Huntsville, Alabama, home of the US space program, and it was a rousing success!
Wednesday, May 21, 2003
- Page 2: Decided to drive. Headed out.
- Page 3: Drove into Louisiana. Passed Harrah's in Lake Charles.
- Page 4: DANGER: OVERHEAD POWER LINES BOOM DOWN.
- Page 5: Crossed the Atchafalaya Basin. Arrived in Slidell.
- Page 6: Tried to get a calling card, but failed. What Mt. Dew Orange Ignited tastes like.
Thursday, May 22, 2003
- Page 7: Drove into Mississippi.
- Page 8: Click it or ticket. Arrived in Huntsville.
- Page 9: Bought some stuff. Waited for other furs. Met only Yappy Fox.
- Page 10: Met Draconis. Friday: Other furs started showing up. Got my badge.
Friday, May 23, 2003
- Page 11: Met more furs. Volunteered to host the Video Room. Met KO.
- Page 12: Lego Werewolf. Trout, shark. Video room left unattended! Emperor's New Groove, The Cunning Little Vixen.
- Page 13: Hospitality Suite. Opening Ceremonies. Fishing for a Fresca for Draconis.
- Page 14: Got Fresca! T-shirt. Chatted. Went to Kinko's. Waited for "Meet the Feebles" to end.
Saturday, May 24, 2003
- Page 15: Felt sick all night. Got better. Oldfreek set up the puppet stage. Supersponsor luncheon.
- Page 16: Drove to Papa Lovetti's. Eek, a cop! Chatted with Bill Holbrook. Got locked in!
- Page 17: Fursuit Parade. Puppets on Parade.
- Page 18: Charity auction. Pizza feed! Musical Furs. MFT3K.
- Page 19: The dance.
- Page 20: Upset stomach but didn't get sick.
Sunday, May 25, 2003
- Page 21: Trip to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center.
- Page 22: More stuff at the USSRC.
- Page 23: Dog tags for a tiger. Video room closed.
- Page 24: KO gave me a Thirsty Turtle hat. Closing Ceremonies.
- Page 25: Jaguar vs. raccoons: The Great Debate.
- Page 26: Jugular went swimming! Nobody was naked. MFT3K all the way through.
- Page 27: Some guys wanted their speakers back. Booze party and Treasure Planet.
Monday, May 26, 2003
- Page 28: Papa Lovetti's again. Hit the road. You don't know my family. Lunch in Laurel at Hardee's.
- Page 29: Heavy rains in Mississippi. Got to Slidell. Tuesday: Drove through New Orleans.
Tuesday, May 27, 2003
- Page 30: Saw frogs in Rayne. 'Power lines boom down' explained. Visit historic Orange.
- Page 31: Looked for the San Jacinto Monument.
- Page 32: Visited the San Jacinto Monument. Went home.