June 30 - July 2, 2000
My first furry convention ever! Some of us from the channel decided to go to Anthrocon, held at the Hilton Valley Forge in King of Prussia, PA, and make an animania of it, which we dubbed Anthromania. It was fun!
Friday, June 30, 2000
- Page 2: Couldn't sleep. Left for airport.
- Page 3: Drove to airport.
- Page 4: Pretzel switcheroo. Boarded plane.
- Page 5: Took off. Ate two breakfasts.
- Page 6: Landed. Rental car mixup.
- Page 7: Drove to King of Prussia, PA.
- Page 8: Met Boogi and Bugzy.
- Page 9: Met everybody else. Bought some artwork. Fig. 1: Chicken Run. Fig. 2: The Anthromania party flyer. Fig. 3: Sara Palmer baby pool.
- Page 10: Dinner at Pepper's. Cake for Tet & Trixi! Fig. 3.5: "Blame VermyFox!"
- Page 11: Met Egg & Glis. Uncle Kage's Storytime.
- Page 12: Got thirsty. Put up flyers.
Saturday, July 1
- Page 13: Bought soda for the party. Fig. 4: Trying to explain furry fandom.
- Page 14: Looked for a place to eat lunch. Lugged sodas.
- Page 15: Bought more artwork. Lost the door sign. Fig. 5: What the door sign would have looked like.
- Page 16: Substitute door sign. CC box.
- Page 17: MSTed TV shows.
- Page 18: Masquerade Show: Roxikat & Fifi la Fume.
- Page 19: Masquerade: Fifi. Minerva.
- Page 20: Masquerade: Mitch Beiro proposes to Minerva.
- Page 21: Fursuit photos. Set up for party.
- Page 22: Got cooler & ice. Anthromaniacs Party!
- Page 23: Drew in The Bible of Zig Zag.
- Page 24: Twister. British stereotypes. Pixy stix.
- Page 25: Got the Pixy Stick open. A! videos.
- Page 26: More videos!
- Page 27: Videos. Brendan funtakked to ceiling. Cleaned up. Fig. 6: Cartoon about trying to sleep at a furry con.
Sunday, July 2
- Page 28: Went to Art Show.
- Page 29: Found Oriental Minerva. Fig. 7: Sketch of the artwork.
- Page 30: Lunch in the Zoo with Egg & Wakky.
- Page 31: Didn't have Michael's address (but didn't matter).
- Page 32: How to pack Oriental Minerva? Fig. 8: Braille typo.
- Page 33: Didn't have box. Bought bubble wrap.
- Page 34: Closing ceremonies. We stood around waiting for people.
- Page 35: Pizza Hut for dinner. Tired Chilly.
- Page 36: Egg left skunks in Pizza Hut. Gave Oriental Minerva to Chilly.
- Page 37: Best (Worst?) of the Pawpet Show.
- Page 38: Said goodbye to Egg & Chilly. Got ice.
- Page 39: Drew, packed, drew, snacked, & drew.
Monday, July 3
- Page 40: Left the hotel. Made a wrong turn.
- Page 41: Took detour to airport. Standby flight. Fig. 9: Metal detector and wands.
- Page 42: Flew first class!
- Page 43: Dropped off and picked up photos. Fig. 10: Guy at Folf Camera recognized Minerva!
- Page 44: Dinner at Red Lobster. Got my suitcase.