June 16 - June 24, 1996
This event, in Los Angeles, was originally intended to be a followup to Animania IV, but it kinda mutated into something else...
Sunday, June 16, 1996
- Page 2: Flew ASA to Dallas-Ft. Worth.
- Page 3: Flew to LAX. Got a motel room. Went to Happy Buddha.
- Page 4: Yucky mushrooms. Fortune cookie. Observations on my lousy room.
Monday, June 17, 1996
- Page 5: New phone, fridge. Monday: Non-eclair. Turkish trout macro. Zot showed up.
- Page 6: Bought T-shirts. HARF. Seawolf showed up.
- Page 7: Tried to IRC at UCI; didn't work. Tracked down Zot at Blockbuster Video.
Tuesday, June 18, 1996
- Page 8: IRCed. Seawolf checked into motel. Tuesday: Woke up with headache.
- Page 9: Zot took us to pizza place. Footage of motorcyclist hitting bus. Zot's house. Simpsons, IRC.
- Page 10: Seawolf & I went to Caltech to track down Brendan.
- Page 11: Found Brendan. I knocked down the Cherry Coke can pyramid!
- Page 12: Dinner at Islands. Passed the WB lot. Visited Shanie.
- Page 13: Observations on navigating in L.A.
- Page 14: More navigating. Scaaary SCIENTOLOGY sign! Wednesday: Went to airport.
Wednesday, June 19, 1996
- Page 15: Picked up Wakko. Waited for Tettie's flight. Delayed. Finally Tettie arrived.
- Page 16: Tettie hadda go thru customs. Misadventures buying RAM chips. More software stores. Fry's.
- Page 17: Rules about Fry's. Windowwatcher during dinner at Coco's. "Bad Boys". Thursday: Narfcake, Brendan & Justin showed up. More T-shirts.
Thursday, June 20, 1996
- Page 18: Picked up Dot at John Wayne Airport. No T-shirts for Dot!
- Page 19: Sears. Old Spaghetti Factory. Splut, Varro & Jeff showed up. Did Zot cancel the Hyatt reservations?
Friday, June 21, 1996
- Page 20: Taken care of. IMAX: "Into the Deep." Sarcastic fringeheads! Friday: Keeper & TC showed up. Six Flags Magic Mountain. The Ninja.
- Page 21: Psyclone. Waited for Shanie. Funnel cakes. The Viper. Tettie & I got lost.
- Page 22: Batman: The Escape. Shanie showed up! Rejoined the gang except Splut, who finally found us. Mooseburger Lodge.
- Page 23: KT's review of the Mooseburger Lodge.
Saturday, June 22, 1996
- Page 24: Singing server scout. Saturday: Turtles are ticklish. Met TC. Lunch at Carl's Jr./Green Burrito.
- Page 25: "Remove the whiteout over her cleavage!" Video party: Brendan's big box of tapes. Blucher. Can't hook up the VCR. What, no electrician? Wait, yes!
- Page 26: Cable guy! A! video marathon. Pizza for lunch. Porno CD-ROMs?
- Page 27: Finally the pizza. DIET Dr Pepper?! Zot's loser ex-friends.
- Page 28: Video marathon continued into the night.
Sunday, June 23, 1996
- Page 29: Marathon over. Sunday: Met everybody at Shanie's house.
- Page 30: Lost track of folks on the way to Glendale Galleria.
- Page 31: At Galleria: Lisa's Tea Surprises. Want to get connected? Rejoined Zot & co.
- Page 32: Food court: Indian food. Cinnamon roll frosting. Silly uniforms at Hot Dog on a Stick. Dropped off Shanie.
- Page 33: Australian money. Remember to call Yakkette! I love cesium.
- Page 34: Tried to call Kette. Her dad answered. Where to eat?
- Page 35: Sent out volunteers for food. They had trouble. Still no Kette.
- Page 36: Finally talked to Kette! ...Hyper?
Monday, June 24, 1996