KT's Animania X Photos
Sunday, June 16, 1996
- adot.jpg - There's a dot coming my way? I hope she's cute! Seen on the way to the motel.
Monday, June 17, 1996
- zot-lot.jpg - Zot in the parking lot of the plaza where we went to the comic book store and I bought a bunch of T-shirts.
- harf.jpg - "HARF" spelled out in black velvet letters, purely by coincidence!
Tuesday, June 18, 1996
- seawolf-dot.jpg - SeaWolf with a Dot plushie on his shoulder, probably at Zot's house.
- pentagrams.jpg - Evil pentagrams at Brendan's dorm at Caltech!
- brensurprise.jpg - Brendan is taken completely by surprise as Seawolf and I show up totally unexpectedly!
- canpyramid.jpg - Brendan's infamous Cherry Coke can pyramid! I had the proud duty of demolishing it. I aimed for the red can in the middle...
- rubble.jpg - ...and I hit it!
- sea-bren-islands.jpg - After getting all the cans put away, Brendan took us to a calypso restaurant called Islands for dinner.
- seawolf-watertower.jpg - On the way to Shanie's, Seawolf and I stopped and walked partway around the Warner Bros. movie lot, taking in the sights.
- shanie-glasses.jpg - Shanie Warner (she was an eagle-warner at the time) at home.
- sea-shanie.jpg - Seawolf, Shanie, and Shanie's Wakko plushie in Shanie's room.
- warner-ave.jpg - A freeway sign for Warner Avenue! Also Magnolia St.
- evilsign.jpg - It's huge and glowing, it says SCIENTOLOGY, and it's visible from Shanie's street! Eeeevil!
Wednesday, June 19, 1996
- novisitors.jpg - When we picked up Wakko, the baggage claim area was walled off with temporary dividers that had this sign taped to them, vandalized by Pinky.
- wakko-luggage.jpg - Wakko gets his luggage, puts it on a Smarte-Carte and leaves the baggage claim area.
- mindslave.jpg - The previous photo was actually retouched, to disguise the fact that Wakko was, at the time, a ZOMBIE MIND SLAVE OF SATAN!
- zot-wakko-sea.jpg - Zot, Wakko and Seawolf in the parking garage at LAX, waiting for Tet's flight to land.
- oz-wakko.jpg - Wakko and a man who's from either Australia or New Zealand await the arrival of the plane bearing Tet, and the man's daughter, as I recall.
- tet-halo.jpg - Messed-up photo of Tet coming out of the plane.
- tet-lax.jpg - Tet outside LAX after getting through Customs. It took a looong time, but he said most of that was spent just waiting in line.
- summerbreak.jpg - Zot's "Simpsons Summer Break" cardboard standup.
- wakkowakko-sea.jpg - Two Wakkos and Seawolf upstairs at Zot's house.
- tet-eternudie.jpg - Tet's "Eternudie" Simpsons shirt, available only from Australia.
- frys-rocks.jpg - A fake pile of rubble, positioned under the fake crumbling Roman ruins at Fry's Electronics.
Thursday, June 20, 1996
- justbren-kitchen.jpg - Justin and Brendan in Zot's kitchen. Zot can be seen in the background.
- sea-just-zot.jpg - Seawolf, Justin and Zot at Zot's house.
- tet-narfcake.jpg - Tet and Narfcake at Zot's house.
- brendan-wakko.jpg - Brendan and Wakko in Zot's bedroom. (Wakko was playing Duke Nukem 3D, as I recall.)
- dot-johnwayne.jpg - Dot arrives at John Wayne airport, and waits for either Brendan or Zot to drive around and pick us up.
- varro-sslisa.jpg - Varro arrives for A!X, wearing his South Side Lisa T-shirt.
- jeffh-hit.jpg - Jeff H. arrives for A!X, and playfully coldcocks the photographer. What a wacky guy! Hey, I need those teeth!
- turtlefountain.jpg - A ground-level turtle fountain at the outdoor mall where the IMAX theater was.
- 5guysid4.jpg, tet-kt-id4.jpg - The gang in front of a big 3D standup for "Independence Day".
Friday, June 21, 1996
- grapestomp.jpg - Jeff shows off his T-shirt from "The Great Stone Hill Grape Stomp".
- viper.jpg - The Viper, at Six Flags Magic Mountain! One of the tallest roller coasters I'd ever seen, viewed here from the parking lot.
- 6flags1.gif - Photographer unknown. The gang gathers outside the park.
- bugs-horse.jpg - Visitors to Six Flags Magic Mountain are greeted by this statue of Bugs Bunny on horseback.
- parkmap.jpg - Having just ridden the Ninja, the gang consults a map to see where to go next.
- parkninja.jpg - The gang decides where to go and heads away from the Ninja.
- chickens.jpg - The people who didn't ride the Psyclone, waiting for the rest of us.
- big-dot-yakko.jpg, bigwakko.jpg - Nice big Dot, Yakko and Wakko plushies waiting for some skilled player to win them.
- jayprize.jpg - Splut won a somewhat largish (and very stiff) Dot plushie!
- ktdraw.gif - Photographer unknown. I sketched in my sketchbook while we waited for Shanie.
- daffy-brenjust.jpg - Me in a stylish Daffy Duck hat, as Brendan and Justin look on, in a gift shop.
- icecreamdots.jpg - Ice Cream Dots. They're the cute ones!
- tet-park.jpg - Tet and I got separated from the gang and wandered the park on our own.
- batmobile.gif - Photographer unknown. The Batmobile, set up near Batman: The Ride.
- hi-cotane-stupi.jpg - Keeper bought a cap with a racing motif, and the legend "Animaniacs: Hi Octane Stupidity". But the computer-printed tag read "ANIMANIACS - HI COTANE STUPI".
- mooselodge.gif - Photographer unknown. The gang sits at an outcropping of fake rock across from the Mooseburger Lodge, waiting to enter the Lodge and eat dinner.
Saturday, June 22, 1996
Sunday, June 23, 1996
- shanie-cap.jpg - Shanie wearin' her cap backwards.
- zot-sigh.jpg - Zot shows off his shirt with Lisa Simpson drawn in Roy Lichtenstein style. Text: "*Sigh* Being a sensitive artist in this family is hopeless!"
- evilbuilding.jpg - The evil Scientology building, as seen on the way to the Glendale Galleria.
- jayburgers.jpg - Jay's Jayburgers, a food stand I delighted in pointing out to Splut (real name Jay).
- hotdogonastick.jpg - The ridiculous outfits they have to wear at the Hot Dog on a Stick stand.
Monday, June 24, 1996
- brenpacking.jpg - Brendan's still packing as Dot, Splut and I show up to visit him on Monday.
- cheesehat.jpg, kt-cheesehat.jpg - Brendan's big heavy foam cheese hat. Guaranteed to crush your brain and make you root for the Packers!