Aug. 12 - Aug. 20, 1997
The first Animania to take place in a country other than the USA! Lots of sightseeing, shopping, and the incredible Exploding Van!
Tuesday, Aug. 12, 1997
- Page 2: Other people's travels. I got packed.
- Page 3: At the airport.
- Page 4: Tiny airplane to Dallas-Ft. Worth.
- Page 5: Huge plane to Salt Lake City!
- Page 6: Another plane. I didn't like the exit row.
- Page 7: Landed in Portlump. Met Brendan, Wilford, and David Mouse.
- Page 8: Chezgrape. Narfcake was there. Looked at stuff. Went out for supper.
- Page 9: Jamie's for '50s burgers. Slept on the couch.
Wednesday, Aug. 13, 1997
- Page 10: Getting Canadian money and film, and looking at the smallest park in the world.
- Page 11: Met Taperlass! Lunch at Bridges.
- Page 12: Spot, Taper, Narfcake, David and I went to Powell's Bookstore.
- Page 13: Lloyd Center. Dinner at chezgrape.
- Page 14: Voyager. Plish. Plishdance. Bed. Varro showed up.
Thursday, Aug. 14, 1997
- Page 15: Burnt bagel. Cafe José.
- Page 16: Plushie war! Cartoons. Famous Bobs pizza. Fuzzy Tiger showed up.
- Page 17: Dithering in the heat. We set out in cars. Mt. Rainier! Rest area.
- Page 18: Free cookieeeeees! Spot tried to drive. Little problems.
- Page 19: We entered Canada.
Friday, Aug. 15, 1997
- Page 20: Met Rhia, Nerk, Plato and Penny. Took Skytrain.
- Page 21: Went to Stanley Park.
- Page 22: Vancouver Aquarium.
- Page 23: Strolled thru Stanley Park. David tried to jump a fence.
- Page 24: Playground! Took a bus.
- Page 25: The White Spot. Met Chance, Tony Fox, Sylvester, Vakko and Weirdguy. Congregated at the motel.
Saturday, Aug. 16, 1997
- Page 26: Trip to the store. Then we went to Capilano Suspension Bridge!
- Page 27: Graffiti. Vakko, WG and I got separated from everybody. Stamp: TOWER PARK.
- Page 28: Rejoined everyone. We drove to Grouse Mountain. Stamps: CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE AND PARK. LIVING FOREST.
- Page 29: Went up to the top. Film: "Born to Fly".
- Page 30: Soda? No. Water? Yeah. Ordering Perrier by mistake.
- Page 31: Ski lift up to the very top! Paragliders.
- Page 32: Back down. Trying to get to Chance's house.
- Page 33: Van blew up. Watched Animaniacs tapes.
- Page 34: PPPGALF and other stuff the Canadians hadn't seen. Pizza!
Sunday, Aug. 17, 1997
- Page 35: Downtown Vancouver: Lunch at a food court. Survey lady!
- Page 36: Gastown. Wilford and Narfcake left. Canned turtle. Games store.
- Page 37: Sundae at Sodas Restaurant. Varro & Vakko got tired. Granville. London Underground.
- Page 38: Granville Books. Big ugly mural. Stanley Park again, to the beach!
- Page 39: Played on the beach. Hot bus. Varro & Vakko returned. Tony left.
- Page 40: Red Robin for dinner. Back to motel, where there was a guy staring at Brendan's car.
- Page 41: Bobby la Fete had left stuff. We packed.
Monday, Aug. 18, 1997
- Page 42: We drove to Tsawwassen and onto a ferry.
- Page 43: Romping. Breakfast. Drove from Swarts Bay to Victoria.
- Page 44: Wandered around Victoria. Parliament Building.
- Page 45: Royal British Columbia Museum. The Open Ocean.
- Page 46: It's 2001-ish. Dumb escalators. Windy sandwiches.
- Page 47: I skinned my knee! And no ID. Got on the ferry.
- Page 48: First aid. Windy hair. The rough Strait of Juan de Fuca. Port Angeles.
- Page 49: We got searched in Customs, then separated from harfvan.
- Page 50: Olympic National Park. Hurricane Ridge. Van blew up again! Hikes.
- Page 51: Taco Time. Long winding drive around the Olympic Peninsula, minus harfvan.
Tuesday, Aug. 19, 1997
- Page 52: Motel in Aberdeen. News on harfvan: Stranded in Forks, then returned to Port Angeles.
- Page 53: We drove on, listening to the Cheese Tape. Astoria column in Oregon.
- Page 54: Beach. Tillamook Cheese Factory.
- Page 55: More news: The tow truck blew up! Cow cookies.
- Page 56: Vietnamese food at chezgrape. Finally, the harfvan people!
- Page 57: The whole harfvan story, including the barroom brawl!
- Page 58: Kablam kablam kablam. I had trouble sleeping.
Wednesday, Aug. 20, 1997