Apr. 19 - Apr. 25, 2001
A furry con in Burbank, and Mr. Fu's first one! He joined me there, then we drove down to San Diego again for more hangin' out and having fun, despite Federal Express's attempts to ruin my vacation.
Part 1: The Con
Thursday, Apr. 19, 2001
- Page 2: Mom drove me to the airport.
- Page 3: Full flight. Casual oxygen mask guy. Bagger Vance preview.
- Page 4: Bagger Vance. Screaming baby gets told off.
- Page 5: Landed. Mr. Miyagi says take shutto to hotel.
- Page 6: Reached hotel, checked in.
- Page 7: Key didn't work! Got it fixed. Walked aaaaallaway to Convention Center.
- Page 8: Burger at Daily Grill. Registered.
- Page 9: Lotsa bumper stickers! Meet the Guests of Honor. Ice cream!
Friday, Apr. 20, 2001
- Page 10: Housekeeping. Mr. Fu shows up! I'm naked.
- Page 11: He's early! Neverhood & King Leo. Fu registered.
Fig. 1: Mr. Fu's badge.
- Page 12: Monika Livingstone's yiffy shirts. Daily Grill again. Art show.
- Page 13: Fu sleeepy. Another yiffy shirt! Zot & Arkyl.
- Page 14: Jim Groat mindf*cks Harlan Ellison. Jymn Magon.
- Page 15: Met fursuiters. Key didn't work AGAIN. Dalt's for dinner.
- Page 16: Tigress waitress. Buried cheesesteak. Rain! YiffNet party.
Fig. 2: Finishing Fu's fries.
Fig. 3: Cartoon by Virtual Vikki.
- Page 17: Alicia the Polka Queen. Dance! Setting up for wedding.
- Page 18: The Wedding of Mitch & Minerva: Humming, two suitors, protesting cartoon femmes.
- Page 19: The Wedding: The WB Lawyer.
- Page 20: The Wedding: The fight. Where's the ring?
- Page 21: The Wedding: The letter, finding the ring.
- Page 22: The Wedding: The kiss, the reception. Fu meets Bob Hershey.
Saturday, Apr. 21, 2001
- Page 23: Breakfast. Vending machine problem. Yet another shirt!
- Page 24: Cartoons. IRC. Waiting to go to Art's.
- Page 25: Vikki forgot. Wabbit Swaya. Rainbow Connection.
- Page 26: The Fursuit Presentation.
- Page 27: Mr. Big! And the podium gets it! Cool Tomb Raider vixen.
- Page 28: Fursuit parade. Groat vs. Mr. Big. Burger of unknown price.
- Page 29: Buying the damn burger. Reptile SIG.
- Page 30: Wandering around doing little things. Hey, Artist Jam!
- Page 31: Artist Jam!
- My Artist Jam Gallery!
- Page 32: Artist Jam aftermath. We went to Art's.
- Page 33: Art's. Waiting for the Cabaret.
Plus: Dictionary of Basic Yiddish.
- Page 34: Pikachu raps! Cabaret starts.
- Page 35: Cabaret.
Fig. 4: Minerva flyer.
- Page 36: Cabaret ends. Wet Furs suite.
Sunday, Apr. 22, 2001
- Page 37: Checked out. Fu commissions Marci McAdam. Bob Hershey's animation.
- Page 38: Furry Improv Theater.
- Page 39: More Furry Improv Theater. Leaving LA.
Fig. 5: Finishing Fu's fries.
Part 2: FedEx Tries To Ruin My Vacation
- Page 40: Fu's roommate. No Chu Chu Rocket. Funny videos.
- Page 41: Conker's Bad Fur Day. Shopping for food. Clerks.
Monday, Apr. 23, 2001
- Page 42: Who Wants To Be A Metallica Moron. Seaman.
- Page 43: FedEx sucks!
- Page 44: Lunch at Samson Express, oops, at Blumberg's. Kinko's. Frame store.
- Page 45: Video arcade. GAME OVER?!?
- Page 46: More videogames. Donuts!
- Page 47: Editing and offering Fupics. Virtua Tennis. More Clerks.
Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2001
- Page 48: More Crazy Taxi. Toy Commando. FedEx sucks like a black hole.
- Page 49: Mission Beach! Ride the coaster? No.
- Page 50: Climbing on the jetty.
- Page 51: Climbing off the jetty.
- Page 52: Lunch at 'Canes. Air hockey. Blood brothers.
Fig. 6: Fries. Yum!
- Page 53: Tickets! Tacos. Buffalo 66.
- Page 54: Liking each other, spanning time, and murder in a strip club.
Wednesday, Apr. 25, 2001
- Page 55: We headed out.
- Page 56: Fu gets an unpleasant surprise.
- Page 57: Now what? Driving to L.A.
- Page 58: Took a different flight.
- Page 59: Arrived in Houston. Things went smoothly. Chatted with driver.
- Page 60: Horrible torn-up downtown streets. Driver took me home.