Dec. 30, 2001 - Jan. 6, 2002
My friend Nakko the meefy squirrel decided to move to San Diego and live with Mr. Fu, who needed a roommate. I agreed to do him the favor of driving the U-Haul all the way from Houston, TX, to San Diego, CA. Whew!
Sunday, Dec. 30, 2001
- Page 1: Backstory. Pvt. Minnie Storage.
- Page 2: Drove U-Haul truck to Nakko's place. Breakfast.
- Page 3: Packed truck. Who to give the key to? Padlock. Headed out.
- Page 4: Confused in San Antonio. Dark and cold. Watch your head! Reached Fort Stockton.
- Page 5: KFC/Taco Bell. Used calling card to make calls.
Monday, Dec. 31, 2001
- Page 6: Went out to truck for water. Woke up. Continental breakfast.
- Page 7: More deserty. Lunch in El Paso. Entered New Mexico. To make Jesus Lord, call this number.
Fig. 1: Border checkpoint.
- Page 8: Reached Lordsburg. Calling card again.
- Page 9: Arby's. A very short rainstorm.
Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2002
- Page 10: Marx Bros. Fireworks. Tuesday: Frosty windshield. Entered Arizona.
Fig. 2: Lotsa religious church music.
- Page 11: Lunch in Tucson. Pikachu Peak, Red Rock, Eloy.
Fig. 3: Furry/scaley drinking cup!
- Page 12: Got gas at desert campsite. Reached Yuma.
Fig. 4: Long distance calls from room? Yes!
- Page 13: Ordered pizza. What Lies Beneath. The Jeff Corwin Experience. The Twilight Zone.
Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2002
- Page 14: Entered California. Weird terrain.
- Page 15: Truck slowed down in mountains. Stopped to fill radiator.
- Page 16: Reached San Diego! Unloaded truck. Trophies for lunch.
- Page 17: Dropped off truck. IKEA. Mission Valley Mall. Chatty Cingular guy.
- Page 18: Pizza & Frazier. Skating in a foundry.
Fig. 5: Surly Santa.
Thursday, Jan. 3, 2002
- Page 19: San Diego Zoo!
Fig. 6: House of bread!
- Page 20: More zoo. Kids in the Hall.
Fig. 7: Incredibly cute baby cheetahs!
- Page 21: Fish tacos, TV, video games, turtle laundry. Felt yucky.
Friday, Jan. 4, 2002
- Page 22: Kidneystone! Passed it. Groceries, Game Keeper, GameCube.
- Page 23: The Tale of the Rude Jack-in-the-Box Clerk. Star Wars Rogue Leader.
- Page 24: Frozen dinner. Best of Best Of Kids In The Hall. Visited KUSI.
- Page 25: KUSI's wacky weatherman!
Saturday, Jan. 5, 2002
- Page 26: Turkey sandwich. Shenmue II. Nakko & I walked to the mall.
Fig. 8: Wacky Mexican chef show!
- Page 27: Memory card. Home. Spaghetti & green beans! Sunday: Fu drove me to airport.
Sunday, Jan. 6, 2002
- Page 28: Removed wallet & belt. Naked Juice! Flew to Phoenix. Burger King. Little girl in the way.
- Page 29: Flew to Houston. Took shutto home.